Goods and Services Tax (“GST”) is the indirect tax levied in India and subsumes different taxes such as service tax, excise duty, VAT, entry tax and customs duty, into a single tax system. GST was introduced to reduce complexities and compliances of doing business for millions of small businesses in India.
Registration of any business entity under the GST Law implies obtaining a unique number from the concerned tax authorities for the purpose of collecting tax on behalf of the government and to avail Input Tax Credit for the taxes on his inward supplies.
Any taxable person seeking registration under the GST Law implies obtaining a unique number from the concerned tax authorities for the purpose of collecting tax on behalf of the government and to avail Input Tax Credit for the taxes on his inward supplies.
In this article, we help you with list of documents required for GST registration. The following are the documents needed for GST registration and it must be submitted by persons or entities applying for GST registration.
Here in this article, let us understand about the documents required for GST registration.
Documents required for GST registration
- PAN Card of the Business and Applicant : The first thing in GST registration documents list is to get the PAN (Permanent Account Number) of the business and of the authorized signatories/applicant (Directors / Partners / Proprietor)
- Contact details and a valid Email address: A valid mobile number and an email address of the Primary Authorized Signatory is required to be filled at the time of GST registration.
- Proof of Place of business: Principal Place of Business is the primary location within the State where a taxpayer’s business is performed or where the business’s books of accounts and records are kept.
- As a supporting documents for GST registration, keep following documents handy :
- Any supporting document giving title to the ownership of the premises such as Latest Property Tax Receipt or Municipal Khata copy or copy of Electricity Bill.
- Copy of the valid Rent / Lease Agreement/Consent letter (as applicable) and
- For every additional place of business in the state, proof of such additional place of business.
- Valid bank account number from India: You need to mention details of the bank accounts maintained for conducting business. You can enter details of up to 10 Bank Accounts. You will also need to fill the Indian Financial System Code (IFSC) number of the same bank and branch.
- Other required documents for GST registration:
- List of Goods and Services
- Proof of appointment of Authorized Signatory (Letter of Authorization or copy of board resolution)
- Authorized Signatories photo (soft copy)
- It is important to have digital signature (class 2 digital signature) in case of Companies and LLP’s, of the person who is authorised to sign the GST application
- Incorporation certificate (for Company)
- Other regulatory registration details such as Professional Tax, State Excise License details (If applicable)
Here in this article, we have understood the documents required for GST registration, it will surely be useful for you to grow your business. The next important step in managing your business is to open current account online. Once this is done you are all set to manage and maintain your business smoothly and successfully.